Tuesday 3 July 2012

SINGING IN THE RAIN

Tonight I'm going tent shopping in preparation for the weekend. My top priority for a tent is that it's waterproof. I anticipate that, along with rain, my weekend will contain mud, alcohol in plastic cups, noodles and burgers. I'm going to T in the Park. I am 30, I'm too old for T in the Park. But this time is different, this time I'm a performer!

I am part of a choir and we're singing at the festival on Sunday evening. We're a cool choir though, just so we're clear on that. We do covers of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, They Might Be Giants and Corona (remember them?) and we like mash ups. I only went along to keep my friend company but I've loved it since the first week. There's nothing like a couple of hours of singing every week to cheer you up!

Along with all that mud and rain, we get free travel, tickets and access to the fancy performers area. I am hoping that performers area = nicer toilets. If it does I'll be happy. If it doesn't I might throw some sort of diva strop. I'm a performer don't you know?!


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness how exciting! I am well jealous! Need to find myself a choir like that.

    (sorry if this posted twice, tried commenting from my phone and it didn't seem to work properly)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only seems to be showing up once! There's a choir in Edinburgh that looks like it might be similar (but they seem way more organised than we are!)

      Delete

Got an opinion? Leave me a comment!